Cotswold Water Park – Places to Eat, Drink & Shop
Where to Eat & Drink – Local Restaurants, Pubs & Bars
There are many great places to head out and get something to eat, have a drink or find a cosy little cafe for a coffee and cake or a cooked breakfast.
Both our holiday homes are only a mile away from the village of South Cerney with three pubs, a take away fish and chips and curry house with a few small convenience shops to get local produce and shopping.
Kingfisher Caravan at Hoburne Holiday Park you have a little shop, cafe, bar and restaurant on site and is available for guests to use during their stay.
If you are staying at Windrush Turret Lodge, just over the road is the De Vere Cotswold Water Park Hotel which offers a range or restaurants including the Boathouse, bars and also access to the hotel spa and pool with a day pass. The Cotswold Water Park Gateway Centre has an excellent cafe called Relish which serves food all day too.
Just round the corner on Spring Lake is the very popular Lakeside Brasserie Bar & Restaurant and is good to watch the waterskiing, wakeboarding and inflatable rides.
There are many wonderful pubs and restaurants locally within the Cotswold Water Park, Cirencester and further afield to suit all tastes.
Places to Eat Out – Suggestions & Recommendations
(Great little cafés for coffee and cake stops whilst out on a walk nearby or cycle ride in the Cotswold Water Park or head out for an all day breakfast or brunch)
- Relish at The Gateway Cafe, over the road in the Gateway Centre
- Waterside Cafe at Lake Pochard fishing lake, 1/2 mile
- The Lakeside Brasserie, Spring Lake, 1/2 mile (pictured above)
- Cafe H (at Hoburne Cotswolds) – on-site at Hoburne Holiday Park
- Jennies Kitchen, Ashton Keynes, 3 miles
- Jesse Smith Farm Shop & Café, nr. Cirencester 4 miles
The Local Area
- The Old Boathouse at the Devere Cotswold Water Park Hotel – https://www.devere.co.uk/cotswold-water-park-hotel/dining/old-boathouse – 200 yards away
- Lakeside Bar & Restaurant, Spring Lake – https://www.lakeside-bar.co.uk – 1/2 mile
- The Royal Oak Pub, South Cerney – http://theroyaloakpubsouthcerney.co.uk – 1mile
- The Eliot Arms, South Cerney – http://eliotarmssouthcerney.co.uk – 1mile
- The Old George Inn, South Cerney – http://oldgeorgeinn.co.uk/ – 1mile
- South Cerney Tandoori Balti House, 1 mile
- Fish & Chips, South Cerney – 1 Mile
Surrounding Villages in the Cotswold Water Park
- The White Hart, Ashton Keynes – https://www.thewhitehartashtonkeynes.com/ approx 3 miles
- The Bakers Arms, Somerford Keynes – 4 miles
- The Old Spotted Cow – https://www.theoldspottedcow.co.uk/ – 5 miles
- The Greyhound Inn – https://www.thegreyhound-inn.co.uk/ – 3 miles
- Barnsley House – https://www.barnsleyhouse.com/the-village-pub/ – 6 miles
- Jennies Kitchen Cafe – https://www.jennieskitchen.co.uk/ – 3 miles
- The Masons Arms – https://www.masonsarmsmeyseyhampton.com/ – 6 miles
- The Wild Duck, Ewen – https://www.thewildduckewen.com/ – 5 miles
- The Indian Rasio, Cirencester – http://www.indianrasoi.org – 5 miles
- The Thai Emerald, Cirencester – https://www.thai-emerald.co.uk/cirencester-menus – 5 miles
- The Golden Cross Inn, Cirencester – http://thegoldencrossinn.com/ – 5 miles
- Farm Shop & Coffee Shop, Cirencester – http://jessesmith.co.uk/farm-shop-coffee – 5 miles
- The Fleece, Cirencester – https://www.thefleececirencester.co.uk/ – 5 miles
A Little Further Afield
- The Organic Farm Shop, nr Cirencester – http://www.theorganicfarmshop.co.uk/
- Burford Garden Cafe, Burford – https://www.oxfordshirecotswolds.org/things-to-do/food-and-drink/burford-garden-cafe-p226051
- Co-Op, South Cerney – 1 mile
- Premier Convenience Store, South Cerney – 1mile
- Nisa Local Convenience Store – on-site at Hoburne Holiday Park
- Butts Rare Breeds Farm Shop – http://www.buttsfarmrarebreeds.co.uk/ – 1 mile
- Tesco Superstore, Cirencester – 4 miles
There are several large supermarkets available close to Cirencester and only a few miles away and most of the larger stores will offer delivery direct to the cottage.
The old Cotswolds market town of Cirencester offers a wide of shopping, coffee shops, restaurants and a popular local market on Saturdays. Swindon hosts the popular Designer Outlet Centre and a wider range of shopping in the centre of the town. Head out further afield to the old docks at Gloucester or visit Cheltenham and maybe include a day at the races.
- Swindon Designer Outlet Shopping Centre – https://www.mcarthurglen.com/en/outlets/uk/designer-outlet-swindon/
- Gloucester Quays – https://www.gloucesterquays.co.uk/