Activities & Facilities in and around the Cotswold Water Park Region
The Cotswold Water Park region is a beautiful lakeland area set within the Cotswolds. It is located just a few miles south of Cirencester and is made up of over 150 lakes. The 40 square mile region includes a number of classic Cotswold towns & quaint villages, country pubs, golf courses, the River Thames and a range of watersports, activities, wildlife, wildfowl and country parks. There are many well marked off road cycle trails and routes to enjoy lakeside or riverside walks which is a great way to see the local area.
In addition to the facilites and activities available onsite in the local area at Isis & Windrush Lakes, there is so much to see and do locally for all ages.
There are many activities, pastimes and watersports which gives something for all to enjoy throughout this wonderful region. See below a number of ideas when staying the the Cotswold Water Park.
Cotswold Water Park – Things to Do in the Area
- Many lovely lakeside walks, trails, country parks and picnic areas
- Fishing – superb carp & coarse fishing on-site and a variety of well managed and stocked local fishing lakes
- Watersports include – sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, kayaking, stand-up-paddleboarding, waterskiing, swimming & boat hire
- NEW inflatable ‘aquaventure’ at the Cotswolds Country Park & Beach
- Cotswold Country Park & Beach – Beach with safe lake swimming and paddling & BBQ areas
- Designated lake and wild swimming areas
- Cycling – many well marked off road trails. Go to www.go-by-cycle.co.uk for bike hire and bike trail maps
- Walking & hiking – many marked routes & includes the Thames Path source and marked trail
- Golf – there are several very good local golf courses
- Rally driving & buggy driving
- Horse riding and pony trekking
- Outdoor Pursuits including clay pigeon shooting, archery and wilderness skills
- Nature reserves & birdwatching (many watch hides)
- Areas of Special Special Scientific Interest (SSSI)
- A wide range of lovely country pubs, restaurants, cafes and pretty villages to visit.
The Cotswold Water Park Gateway Centre
The Cotswold Water Park Gateway Centre provides an excellent facility and information centre for all the local activities and facilities including an activity map to check out where everything is. Check out the local area map which is available and enjoy a coffee or all day breakfast at the well run on-site cafe.