Activities & Facilities Available in the Cotswold Water Park Region
The Cotswold Water Park region is a beautiful lakeland area set within the Cotswolds. It is located just a few miles south of Cirencester and is made up of over 150 lakes. The 40 square mile region includes a number of classic Cotswold towns & quaint villages, country pubs, golf courses, the River Thames and a range of watersports, activities, wildlife, wildfowl and country parks. There are many well marked off road cycle trails and routes to enjoy lakeside or riverside walks which is a great way to see the local area.
In addition to the facilites and activities available onsite in the local area at Isis & Windrush Lakes, there is so much to see and do locally for all ages.
There are many activities, pastimes and watersports which gives something for all to enjoy throughout this wonderful region. See below a number of ideas when staying the the Cotswold Water Park.
Cotswold Water Park – Things to Do in the Area
- Fishing – superb Carp & coarse fishing onsite and locally
- Watersports include – sailing, windsufing, canoeing, kayaking, stand-up-paddleboarding, waterskiing, swimming & boat hire
- NEW inflatable ‘aquaventure’ at the Cotswolds Country Park & Beach
- Beach & BBQ areas
- Horse Riding
- Cycling – many well marked off road trails. Go to www.go-by-cycle.co.uk for bike hire and bike trail maps
- Walking & hiking – marked routes & includes the Thames Path
- Golf – there are several very good local golf courses
- Rally driving & buggy driving
- Outdoor Pursuits including clay pigeon shooting, archery and wilderness skills
- Nature reserves & birdwatching (many watch hides)
- Many lovely country parks and picnic areas
- Areas of Special Special Scientific Interest (SSSI)
The Cotswold Water Park Gateway Centre provides an excellent facility and information centre for all the local activities and facilities including an activity map to check out where everything is. Check out the local area map which is available and enjoy a coffee or all day breakfast at the well run onsite cafe.